Graduate Engineering Trainee - OSP Drafter
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Development of OSP planning/design documentation, plans, and specification assembly.
- Should be responsible for the Design of FTTx network architecture (Aerial & Buried) and OSP Network planning to stimulate end-to-end fiber connectivity, delivery, and construction to Living units (SFU’s, MDU, MTU’s, etc.)
- Should be responsible for planning/Design/Drafting/scoping/Tasking/Permitting and workprint Creation of AT&T Switched Ethernet (ASE) or Light Gig (LG) F1 F2 scope of work.
- The role involves checking, verifying and validating the feasibility of the route, and address of all the Living Units (LU) under the respective Distribution Area (DA).
- Responsible for Right of Way (RoW) and Utility Easement (UE) Verification and validation by researching the plats information from the respective state govt. website.
- Prepare high-quality Construction Drawings (Work Prints) for the planned network on BSTCAD/ARAMIS which includes Distribution area schematics, Maps, and Cut-outs.
- Perform Tasks specific to AT&T Tools such as JMS, AOTX, MIC, LEIS, CFAS, ELP, OCALC, BSTCAD and ARAMIS.
- Reading field survey notes, OCALC reports, and converting the field notes into the Final Design in BSTCAD/ARAMIS.
- Perform Excel macro tasks with regards to Fiber count assignment (Tethers) – FOB Calculator, Design QC, and BoM Calculator.
- Special drawings/plant records, construction management documentation, and any other duties to ensure projects are completed successfully.
- Drafter should meet or exceed business unit goals while maintaining quality standards, controlling expenses and project timelines, and following company and business unit directives and practices.
- Ensures the integrity of the customer access network is maintained and provides support for the deployment of access technologies.
- Perform the upper-level complexity of jobs and functions within the district, focusing on Client GPON design.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Should be able to support post-design review with customers if required.